"I begin with an idea ... and then it becomes something else"
~ Picasso

Monday 19 January 2009

Pattern samples

This is string covered in gold tissue paper stuck down with pva glue in many layers. I added burnt umber to the top of the covered string to highlight it


















Stitching through layers of sheer fabrics, angelina fibres, wire, sequins and brown paper



















I made some paper pulp, layered a triangle of sheer fabric, a fancy yarn which I hand stitched down on top and added beads


















2 comments:

Cathie said...

I'm going to link to this blog too, if it's okay. I love your style Red. You aren't afraid to try anything and you, like me, are burning, stitching, glueing and layering. I can learn alot from you!

CAROLYN SAXBY said...

Hello my friend - link away!
Yes, I love to experiment with mixing all these techniques. It's good to share our experiences and we can all learn from each other. Thing's don't always work out, but it's the best way to learn and sometimes along the way we discover "happy mistakes"