"I begin with an idea ... and then it becomes something else"
~ Picasso

Tuesday 24 February 2009

Bondaweb Felt and Stitch

Here I am exploring colour - still using the lime green, pink and purple but introducing silver again. At this stage I was trying to decide what I will use for my finished piece, which will be an embroidered bag. I'm fairly sure the bag will feature fly stitches, beads and sequins. Just need to decide on the colours and technique I will use


















I painted some bondaweb and added some felt tops to the paint while it was still wet, then ironed the paint and felt to some silver metallic fabric. I added fly stitches, french knots, beads and sequins to this sample















Detail

4 comments:

Cathie said...

You ironed the painted bondaweb down to the metallic fabric? It was still able to "stick" after being painted? I'd like to try this.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi, yes it sticks and the felt tops adhere to the paint and stay in place on the fabric. You don't need much felt tops, just a really thin layer. It gives a nice texture. Sometimes, the paint/bondaweb goes a bit "patchy" but I think this adds to the design

Oh - and I hope I'm not stating the obvious but use a sheet of baking paper over the top of the bondaweb to protect your iron, or you'll never the get the sticky mess off!! If you try it, I would love to hear how you get on
Carolyn, x

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Ha, it works (the commenting, I mean!) - thanks!

Looks very exciting, these experiments - and good!

becky-yr10textiles! said...

we have been doing this is school and i find it sooo fun :L
your wicked,i'd love to be able to do it like you!