"I begin with an idea ... and then it becomes something else"
~ Picasso

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Clear plastic beads from carrier bags








This bead was made in a similar manner to the beads shown below. I made it from a long strip of clear plastic carrier bag. I wrapped the plastic round a barbeque stick then heated and distorted it with a heat gun. The plastic melted and fused together and formed a solid bead with a hole through it. When the plastic cools it becomes rock hard








This is the same thing but I wrapped metallic threads round it before heating

BEFORE FOLLOWING THESE TECHNIQUES - PLEASE READ THE HEALTH AND SAFETY NOTICE HERE

2 comments:

Jeana Marie said...

that's it. a heat gun is going to the top of my shopping list... ;) (have you ever tried doing this sort of thing with a toaster...? very character testing.)

Doreen G said...

There's no stopping you now Carolyn --they all look fantastic.
Still haven't started mine yet--too busy.