"I begin with an idea ... and then it becomes something else"
~ Picasso

Thursday 17 June 2010

TILT - Indigo Love






















Things I Love Thursday - particular tones of blue, indigo, natural dyeing, indigo tie dye, cyanotypes, denim blue, mussel shells, sea fans and the seaside - for the flickr group TILT

1. Submersion 2. Doll face, 3. Indigo shibori mosaic 4. Sea blue gift tag 5. Wild-forest-angel - Clothed in Midnight 6. Connected 7. Suitcase book 8. Indigo waves 9. Natural 10. Levels of absorption square detail 11. Indigo dyed fine lace wool 12. Cyanotype 13. Beach Trio

I would love to share with you some lovely indigo blue things that have come my way recently






















My friend Judy Scott sent me this absolutely gorgeous heart made from indigo blue resist dyed fabric.  Judy filled it with the lavender and it smells so summery. I absolutely love it to bits!






















Judy also sent me this card which has wonderful layers of painted and dyed fabrics, pieced and machine stitched. Thank you so much Judy x






















My friend Rosie brought me back some postcards from a recent V&A exhibition

Jen Jones





















And recently I had some beautiful things fom my friend Cathy Cullis
She sent me the original of her watercolour called "Madame" because I loved it so much!

I wanted a copy for my sketchbook so I copied the original to vellum
and then dipped it in wax to give it a lovely translucent feel. Thank you so much Cathy x






















I have some lovely friends x

Hope you enjoyed the blues today
Have a lovely weekend
Carolyn x