"I begin with an idea ... and then it becomes something else"
~ Picasso

Monday 27 January 2014

January on my desk


home again ... and so nice to be back in St. Ives
after a lovely long week away with my family in Somerset
the weather wasn't great (cold, wind, rain) but the company was good
and a little accumulation of art supplies cheered us


sewing patterns, transfers, scrapbooking papers


 some old books for collage


and a syringe my sister gave me

not sure how Evie came by it but I'd previously mentioned to her that you can
use a syringe for injecting paint and dyes between layers of fabric and papers ...
this one made us laugh as it's big enough to give someone an enema (!)



January on my desk ...



now it's time to begin work again ...

today I have photographed quite a few altered art tags
from the wonderful swaps undertaken with the Tag Tuesday group
I hope to post all them here tomorrow
the jar project is coming to an end with a rather special final jar
there will be a big update on that soon

and there are quite a few hearts which are being stitched with love
they've been underway for a little while during January
but there is no rush ... I'm enjoying going at my own pace this year
but hope that you may think they are worth the wait!

thank you always for visiting me x

2 comments:

vintagerockchick said...

Ooh lovely treasures Carolyn, look forward to seeing the final jar xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love the image of the buttons - so pretty!