"I begin with an idea ... and then it becomes something else"
~ Picasso

Saturday 22 November 2014

finding inspiration in nature

a very happy Saturday to you all

just popping by to share this inspirational video extract (which I found via twitter)
it features the work of a favourite artist of mine, Kurt Jackson, and also the work of artist Michael Porter
who is new to me ... but I'm so glad to have discovered his beautiful artwork and photography

both artists share how they are inspired by nature and their surroundings
and, of course, I share Michael Porter's love of collecting and gathering ...
pebbles, stones, feathers, twigs, berries for dyeing, pressing flowers etc.
whenever I am able to manage a walk out with my camera
so completely understand where he is coming from
and how colours layers and textures influence his work

I hope you find the video inspiring and beautiful ...


extracts from BBC Art and Design documentary directed and edited by Richard Hughes

I have been posting a little on twitter and flicker again ...
I never used to like twitter very much but the opportunity to share photos there has improved tremendously
and flickr has always been a favourite place where I've enjoyed presenting my work and photography
it's a start ... a way back to the way things were ...


thank you for reading today ... have a good weekend

15 comments:

Sandies' Patch said...

Hiya, thanks for sharing the video and your pics and thoughts....inspiring, yes!
You have a great weekend too! xxx

Carol Rigby said...

Hi Carolyn. I don't know what troubles have kept you away from us for so long but I am so glad that you are beginning to feel up to sharing with us here on your blog again. I have missed your beautiful inspiring posts.

Dyer said...

Thank you for sharing this video of inspiration, imagination and practice. Nice to feel that we are all in contact again. best x

Robin Olsen said...

Gorgeous and inspirational. It's so good to see you stepping back to your blog again! Take your time. We'll be here!

A bird in the hand said...

Brilliant video. Thank you for posting it. I'm happy to see you back here.
Lots of love xx

Julie said...

Kurt Jackson is an absolute favourite and inspiration of mine, I love his vibrant, textured work and have been to several of his exhibitions. Thank you for sharing the video, I shall go and give it my proper attention. I just wanted to pop up and say how good it is to see you here again :-) ♥xx♥ Beautiful pebbly photos too. xx

Julie said...

Wow! Michael Porter works in a very different way. I had not heard of him so I shall have to go and do some research. Hope you have a happy Sunday xx

Unknown said...

This video is inspiring to the max!!! Thank you for showing it to us Carolyn. Best wishes, Norma, x

Deborah OHare said...

I am glad to hear that you are finding your way back. Thank you for sharing the video. I am off to find out more!

Indianna said...

Welcome back, I'm so happy to see you posting here again. I've been collecting this week too, mainly Brocken coloured buoys ... One day I will make something with them, for now they are looking colourful on the decking!

Sheila Knight said...

We are so pleased that you are back and hopefully picking up, Carolyn; we met you at St Ives about a year ago and were thrilled to see your lovely work in front of us. Wishing you all you wish yourself, look forward to more of your enjoyable entries. Thank you

Chyfey said...

It is sooooo good to have you back .
PLEASE take all the time you need ,we will all be here

Linda Vincent said...

Lovely to hear from you Carolyn....I miss you.

wendys threads said...

Have really missed your blogs and so glad you feel ready to share some of your beautiful photos again. We have even made the trip to Cornwall this weekend and are staying in Mousehole. Will visit St. Ives tomorrow. Take care

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Thanks for sharing the Kurt Jackson/Michael Porter video Carolyn - I thoroughly enjoyed it. x