"I begin with an idea ... and then it becomes something else"
~ Picasso

Wednesday 19 July 2017

the joy of colour


Time for a gathering of recent work, thoughts and doings from the last few weeks.  I may be a few days late with week 20 of The Surface Treatment Workshop but I have begun working on the backgrounds.  I'm looking forward to seeing how glazing medium mixed with acrylics will alter this little painting.


I also started a collage base using small pieces of left over artwork.  I always save these snippets whether they have come from paintings, textiles or hand dyeing sessions.


I plan to use the glazing medium mixed with acrylics over the top, particularly covering over the white spaces, then cut up into smaller pieces for my sketchbook.  I'm hoping to get 6 interesting squares from this.


Half of these pieces are fabric so I may add some little stitches too, time permitting.  I say "time permitting" because, currently, my main focus is my sketchbook and finished work for exhibition in September as well as admin things for the group St. Ives Textiles.  




Colour is such a joy isn't it!

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Color is definitely a joy - particularly when it comes from your talented hands! Must admit my fingers itch to feel some of the textures because, after all, feeling (at least for me) is definitely a part of seeing.

Tanya Rogers said...

Lovely xx

Anonymous said...

Ah these colors, yum yum, always turn to that turquoise blue...and hits of orange and yellow. xox

Chris Lally said...

Your blog is a feast for the eyes & quite an inspiration!!
Thank you for sharing the workshop info.