"I begin with an idea ... and then it becomes something else"
~ Picasso

Wednesday 10 January 2018

white on white

Week 2 of the collage project and I have just the one collage to share this week for the theme of WHITE.  Lots of layers though, exploring tones of white on white ...


My collage is 5 x 5 inches on heavy duty watercolour paper.

Layered with torn vintage book pages, white washed text, several layers of tissue paper and embellished with torn paper lace, texture washed up on the beach and a vintage mother of pearl button with original thread still attached.


Evelyn has already posted her collages, three in all, if you would like to take a look, and our next prompt is "black and white" which I'm looking forward to.

Also this week ... I've had a tidy up in my studio, mainly going through piles of textile work and have organised into "do-able" piles.  I've started adding stitches to some winter hearts and I've also glued in some sketchbook pieces, so I'm really enjoying the pace of things at the moment.

Thank you for your comments on last week's five minute winter collages.  I very much enjoyed making them.  Till next time ... x

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Carolyn!
I am coming from Evelyn's blog. I love the project you are both working on and wanted to be able to see yours also. I LOVE white, and every shade of it. These are wonderful! I especially love the one with your name on it. Thank you for sharing!

daisy said...

Beautiful.

Caterina Giglio said...

Just stunning and so very happy to see you working and tidying up the studio.. xoxo

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Collage is a technique that seems to elude me - I always end up with something that looks like a dog's breakfast (well, truthfully - a dog's breakfast looks a whole lot better!). I always admire your work - you have a knac! I love the words 'For honour...not honours" in this one.

Evelyn ~ Indigo Beach Art said...

A beautiful collage in shades of white....

Gina said...

Beautiful!

Lynn Holland said...

You’ve always been brilliant working with white Carolyn and I’m enjoying how focused and purposeful both you and Evelyn are
LYNN xx

BumbleVee said...

oh, how pretty this is..... always love white on white....

Karen Larko said...

It feels like it's been a while since I've visited your blog. Your work is lovely as always!

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh I love your white collage with your papers! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sigh. Texture from the sea and whispy whites. xox

rtquilter said...

This is gorgeous, Carolyn. I hope you'll be able to finish the sessions. We're all looking forward. Do take care of yourself!

rtquilter said...

This is gorgeous Carolyn. I hope you are able to continue with the challenge. Do, please take care of yourself!

Lynn said...

Just dropping by to see what you're up to, Carolyn. This white is beautiful. You are sooo gifted :-). God Bless You!