"I begin with an idea ... and then it becomes something else"
~ Picasso

Wednesday 15 February 2017

a perfect afternoon

yesterday ...
a beautiful afternoon on the beach at Marazion


in search of pebbles, seaweed and bits of beach string



the sea throws colours together perfectly ...


and the seaweed has amazing colours and textures ...








my camera seems to pick up colours and details that are hard to see by eye

I find natural tones so relaxing and pretty inspiring





I found the beach string I was after ...
I need it for one of the projects in The Surface Treatment Workshop

you will see in a few weeks time ...


my hubby found a heart shaped pebble for me ...

yes ... it was a perfect afternoon

St. Michael's Mount from the beach at Marazion

I'm almost there with my stencil samples for Week 2 of The Surface Treatment Workshop
but I just want to work into them a little bit more so will share in the next post

thanks to you all for following along and for all kind comments
hope you enjoyed a little taste of the beach today x

9 comments:

chrissie said...

It all looks very beautiful and what amazing song finds.

Have fun

Love Chrissie xx

Unknown said...

A lovely beach walk, this was. Yes, the colours...oh my! It's just grand to see you at work (creating, dreaming, sharing.) N,x

Erica said...

Carolyn, so lovely to have you and your inspiring observations and work back. I pray that your health will so from strength to strength.

Carol Rigby said...

Yes beautiful colours which you always capture in your work. Can't wait for your next post.

Caterina Giglio said...

so very happy to see you blogging again, dear one! your beach is spectacular, and makes my heart sing!! xoxo

Angie Willis said...

I love the colours in these photos - Mother Nature really is unbeatable isn't she?

Robin said...

Luscious colors! I could choose any one of them for palette inspiration. I am in the market for a new camera. Would you mind telling me what you use and are you using a special lens? Your photos are always so crisp and clean. Of course your eye for things is the most important thing. Thanks for always providing inspiration!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Finding a heart shaped pebble on Valentine's day - what could be more meaningful than that? Just these few photos provide a wealth of inspiration. Lucky you to have a beach to explore.

Indianna said...

Just catching up on your beautiful blog. We walked this section of the SWCP a couple of weeks ago, it's such a lovely bay.